- flight path
- noun1. the path of a rocket or projectile or aircraft through the air2. a designated route followed by airplanes in flying from one airport to another
* * *noun: the path of the center of gravity of an airplane in flight relative to a stationary frame of reference
* * *the trajectory of a moving aircraft or spacecraft relative to a fixed reference.[1910-15]
* * *flight path or flight'path nounThe course (to be) taken by an aircraft, spacecraft, etc• • •Main Entry: ↑flight
* * *the route that an aircraft, space vehicle, or missile follows as it travels through the air
* * *flight path,Aeronautics. the path (with reference to the earth) taken by the center of gravity of an aircraft or missile: »
The guidance equipment failed to put the satellite on the planned flight path (New Scientist).
* * *n. the actual or planned course of an aircraft or spacecraft
* * *noun, pl ⋯ paths [count]
No other planes were on their flight path.
a missile's flight path
* * *ˈflight path [flight path flight paths] nounthe route taken by an aircraft through the air
The pilot was instructed to change his flight path.
Residents are trying to have flight paths diverted away from their town.
Useful english dictionary. 2012.